There are three kinds of lab meetings.
- Presentation meetings.
- Sub-group meetings happen twice a month. All the subgroup meets and discuss their latest experiments and results in a round table. Should last 1-2h. Subgroup 1: eukaryotes. Subgroup 2: bacteria
- Journal Clubs will happen once a month. There will be a presenter. Papers will be selected at least one week in advance. The choice needs to be discussed with the rest of the group.
Someone will show a powerpoint presentation with what they have been doing since their last meeting.
Soubgroup Round Table meetings
- the round table meetings will take place twice every month.
- the format for RTM: everyone has to bring a few slides (3-5 or so) explaining what they have done in the last meeting. This should contain raw data (not a polished powerpoint presentation) and be easy enough to explain so that everyone can understand and make suggestions. Remember that we are now many in the group (>10) and there are different topics with different methods.
Journal Club meetings - Journal clubs are going to happen every month. - For the Journal Club, they will concern only our group to limit the topic and technique dispersal that we had in the previous JCs. Calendar Salle Conferences 60 rue de Navacelles
- The paper presented has to be of interest to our group in terms of technique or topic. It can be close to your methodology or scientific topic, so as to limit the time taken to prepare it.
- The JC will start with a quick review of recent papers, each of you will be in charge of a journal, as we did before.
- EVERYONE HAS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSIONS: the JC is not a regular seminar...
Journal Club meetings
- Journal clubs are going to happen every month.
- For the Journal Club, they will concern only our group to limit the topic and technique dispersal that we had in the previous JCs.
Calendar Salle Conferences 60 rue de Navacelles